“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” (John Lennon). My plan was to do the Ironman Switzerland on the 12 July 2020. I prepared myself with the help of Tridot. But due to the actual pandemic my registration is transferred to 11 July 2021.
Official Statement from Ironman Switzerland
Dear IRONMAN Switzerland Thun Athlete,
With the health and safety of our community being an utmost priority, and in alignment with the City of Thun, the canton of Berne as well as the local tourism boards in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, we can confirm that the IRONMAN Switzerland Thun originally scheduled for July 12 cannot take place in 2020 and has been rescheduled for July 11, 2021.
In what has been a continually evolving and challenging time globally, we recognize that this decision due to the above-mentioned unforeseen events may come as a disappointment. While we are prevented from holding the event on the original date, we are looking forward to providing you with an exceptional race experience at IRONMAN Switzerland Thun in 2021.
All registered athletes of the 2020 IRONMAN Switzerland Thun triathlon will have their race registration automatically moved to the new race date in 2021.
We also realize that this change may impact your travel arrangements, therefore registered participants are advised to contact their travel providers immediately to inform them of your situation.
If you have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience and support in this very dynamic time.
The IRONMAN Switzerland Thun-Team
What do I take away from this?
- Life is not controllable. Sure I try to make it as controllable as possible. Plans, insurances etc. should to the trick, but in the end I have to accept and deal what life throws at me.
- I can only control my own thinking. Meditation helps me with this.
- If I worry or not, life goes on. So I can stop worrying.
- Luck can turn into bad luck and vice versa.
- I have more time to prepare for Ironman Switzerland.
- Sport is not everything, but it gives me so much. Health, satisfaction, joy, fitness, confidence, self awareness, respect for life, tranquility of mind. So I will continue my sport journey as long as possible.