Quotation from the TrainAsOne About page:
“TrainAsONE is the most sophisticated and advanced training system on the market. The first to provide intelligent, round-the-clock coaching for runners of all abilities and goals.
Personal, flexible, adaptable and unique. TrainAsONE allows you to train on your terms, guiding you every step of the way to help you achieve amazing results.”
Registration is simple. Just enter you Email address, a password and then choose the plan (free or paid) you want to use. In any case you get a 21 day free trial to explore all the features they offer. If you don´t enter any payment details you will be automatically switched to the free plan after the trial period.
On the upper right side is a little gearwheel where you can access the following pages:
- Goals and Races
- Health and Metrics
Health and Training History
Before you can set a goal you have to answer a few questions regarding your health and running experience.
My answers looks like this.
I have not found a place where this two entries could be changed. Maybe it will be implemented later.
A lot of options here to set up the profile. By placing the mouse pointer over the little i, you get more information or recommendation for the specific entry.
Goals and Races
With the free plan you can only enter one goal.
Categories are: Primary, Secondary and Casual
Distances are: form 5k up to 100 miles with all the classical distances in between. It is not possible to set a custom distance.
“Target time is entirely optional. TrainAsONE ® will use it to adjust the predicted physiological load. Your schedule is designed to maximize your performance improvement, getting you to the start line in the best shape possible given your training commitments, all whilst reducing risk of injury.”
Here you can choose the TrainAsONE ® algorithm and how many days per week you want to train.
There are as well some advanced options which you can see in the picture below (default values).
For the moment I leave them as they are, because I am still in an assessment phase with my training plan and playing to much around with the values seems to make not much sense.
- Risk tolerance 0
- Plan horizon 7days
- Variation tolerance 3
- Plan volatility 0
- Computation index 0
On the commitment page the little i gives you detailed information about every value.
Health and Metrics
This is like a diary where you can enter everything from weight to diastolic pressure.
I am not sure if this metrics are used to adjust the training plan or if they are really only a diary to see how you develop and feel over time. At least I have not found any information about this.
Garmin Forerunner 735XT and TrainAsONE®
- Connect you Garmin Connect® account with TrainAsONE® (Profile->Activity Services->Activities Wizard)
- In the Connect IQTM-Shop in the Garmin Connect App (Android or iPhone) download the TrainAsONE® Widget and confirm the authorizations necessary for the widget to work properly.
- When the watch (for example Forerunner 735XT ) is synced, the TrainAsOne® widget is available on the watch and can download the next scheduled training
- To start the training go to the Menu->Training->My Workouts->”Workout name”->Do Workout
- At the moment TrainAsONE® does not delete any old workout, so after a while the memory on the watch runs full and complains about it. So I delete every workout when I have finished it or at least before I upload a new workout. There is no possibility to delete a bulk of workouts. Only one by one.
Just to clarify things. I’m not working for any of the above mentioned companies nor do I get any money or any other benefits from them. It’s all my own opinion. If this changes I will state it clearly. Thanks for reading.